Friday, April 12, 2013

Day 10: April 12th, 2013



SHABBAT SHALOM Y'ALL!

Waking up at four o'clock in the morning is never an easy task, but it was so worth it to wake up before dawn to climb Masada. After a chilly night in the Bedouin tent, I was ready to get going on our hike. We took the route that the Romans made thousands of years ago, when they stormed Masada. With each step of the hike, the view got more and more beautiful. The desert was unlike any other place I've ever been before. It's so mysterious, yet so beautiful and teaming with life. After the hike, Arava took us to the highest point of Masada to watch the sunrise. Slowly, we began to see the sun peak from behind the mountains. Who would have ever thought I would be watching the sunrise with my family, in the most beautiful place I've ever been before. Arava taught us about the tragedy on top of Masada with some funny skits and some meaningful conversations. After exploring Masada, we could either take the cable car down the mountain or take the treacherous snake path. We then had a delicious breakfast at the Masada resort.

One of the things I have been most looking forward to was going to the Dead Sea. A 30 minute drive took us to the Ein Gedi Spa. We jumped out of the bus and started our hike to the beach. My first step into the turquoise water was perfect, not too cold, just right. We floated on our bellies and back in the salty water; I'm still in awe of how awesome the experience was. After a long swim, we decided to put Dead Sea mud on our bodies. It made my skin so soft, even though we looked ridiculous. At the resort we could soak in the sulfur bath or shower, or even take a swim in the pool. The time to leave the resort came too soon and we were off the Jerusalem. 

In Jerusalem we went to our first market experience. The city was bustling with it's pre-Shabbat traffic. Everyone making sure that they had what they need for Shabbat. After a quick shopping trip it was time to go to the hotel in Jerusalem. 

Today was a day filled with hiking, swimming and shopping. What could be better? I absolutely love it here in Israel; never have I been in a place where I feel like I belong like this. Israel will be forever a second home to me and I can't wait to see what else this beautiful country has in store with me. 

-Dani Reichman 

P.S. Dear all moms and dads- we are not ignoring you! We don't have wifi in this hotel! Love all of us who are wifi deprived.

No comments:

Post a Comment